Aleisha's Observations/Commentary on the enchanting cinematic treat, "The Slipper and The Rose."
1. The opening credits scene makes me want hot chocolate. (Have you tried that Stephens Candy Cane hot chocolate? YUM!!)
2. The King is HILARIOUS!!!!!
3. Richard Chamberlain has very pretty ringlets.
4. A trapeze act performed in a crypt by men in tights is not weird at all. (Oddly enough, that scene was very familiar to me! It seems I've seen this flick before..??? maybe as a kid???)
5. The cousin/nephew who is desperate for a love interest freaks me out! HA HA! He's hilarious too...kind of like a big, weird chipmunk in a ponytail!
6. Wicked stepmother wears a killer shade of hot pink lipstick!
7. I'm thinking about rockin' a painted-on mole on my face!
8. Cinderella is adorable...whether a brunette or wearing that platinum Marilyn Monroe-esque wig!
9. Cinderella's frilly pink dress that she wears to the ball makes me want a cupcake BAD...with lots of pink icing!
10. OH MY GOSH, I LOVE the Fairy Godmother! LOVE HER! She's delightful!
11. Dang! Those glass slippers are FANTASTIC! A girl can never have too much sparkle/bling, that's for sure!
12. Ahh, the dance at the ball between Cinderella and the prince...very dreamy.
13. Hmm...Princess Incognita. Not very subtle, right? HA HA! Might as well have been "Princess Not-Really-A-Princess-I'm-Just-Pretending"...but that's a bit too long! HA HA!
14. Sending Cinderella away was a little twist in the story that I had NOT seen coming. I will say I wish she had tried on the glass slipper for handsome princey-poo, instead of dancing with it in a field!!

























3 comments:
hahaha I love this! It's been far too long since I've watched that movie... I only have it VHS and don't have a VHS player hooked up in my house. :(
My dearest, most wonderful friend! I can not even begin to tell you how much this means to me!! Seriously. I don't know if words can express how much this made my day. You must have been inspired to bring a little light into my life, especially after a difficult and glum couple of days. I read the post and read through my "observation" list and found myself getting teary AND a little choked up! HA HA! What a hoot you posted this! I haven't reread that list since shortly after I sent it to you. I had forgotten about a couple of important items...like the chipmunk with a ponytail! HA HA HA HA!!! Or #4! LOVE #4! I LOVE YOU!
I, of course, am a Chamberlain fan, and loved this movie, and also the comments here - make me laugh! Thx Aleisha and Famous!
Post a Comment