Monday, December 1, 2008

Jumped ahead of myself... as usual

I meant to post this first for my orderly brain BUT, it didn't work out that way so it will have to bug me for awhile and then I'll get over it.
I spent Thanksgiving at my sister's in-laws home in St. George. Sounds kind of odd, but when all your family is gone, you just go with it. Plus, I knew going down there wouldn't be awkward. Her in-laws have to be some of the nicest people ever. Their home is your home and you are part of their family. They made me a little room of my own in their office and included me in late night pinocle, although I'm stink at it. Bidding always gets me. I was included in the family gifts (seriously- nicest people ever) and asked to go with them for family sealings at the temple. I was so grateful and that's what Thanksgiving is all about!

2 comments:

Norway Folks said...

You are absolutely right - nicest folks you will ever meet, and I'm thankful for them too. So glad you had such a good time.

The Gooch Family said...

So glad you enjoyed it. And my mother-in-law said to be sure you know that if you and any of your friends ever need a place to stay their rooms are open and empty more than they are ever full so you better let them know if you need a spot to stay. (That is if your first choice, the Marriott, is booked) :)